Yeah, I don’t know where the time went. I feel bad because I haven’t posted in forever….
It’s been pure craziness. I’ve been working like a crazy lady, and knitting, and still working on the quilt…
Here are some photos from the past few months of what I’ve been up to.
1) Been going to baseball games lately. In the past week I went to a game with an old roomate & his wife
AND a game with Jen, Steve and Rick. Jen and I made a new friend while we were there
2) I went to the Madrona festival with Sharyn & Kristina. We met Cat Bordhi a little by accident, and a little by stalking and she signed a book for our friend Simon. I came back with yarn, fiber and a loom.
While we were in Tacoma, we stopped to check out some glass….
3) Been knitting sweaters this winter & spring. Here are the finished ones:
I think I tried 4 necklines before I settled on this rollneck. It was a frustrating process that started Christmas Eve and ended in March
Looks better when it’s not all wrinkled. Dang cotton!
4) I’ve been knitting lots of socks
I made a pair of these for my brother
The start of Jen’s birthday socks. Now finished, but I forgot to photograph the finished product. They looked sooo pretty – I used a mistake rib pattern with some STR I picked up at Madrona.
Sparkle socks for my mom for Mother’s Day. The leg is a 2×2 rib, it’s not really that skinny!
Lacy leafy socks for me…I only have one finished, and the other is about 3/4 finished.
More socks for me – STR Guppy. I have been oddly drawn to orange…
5) I just re-signed my lease on my apartment and am staying another year. Because I renewed early and haggled, I’m actually now paying slightly less in rent than I paid for my place in Phoenix. I have an accent wall in my living room that is currently painted “latte beige” and I’m considering a new paint color. In the meantime, I’m working on a wall hanging to add a little color to my walls.
Still has a lot of assembly to do, and more ends to tuck in than I care to talk about. Either way, I’m pretty happy so far. And it’s clearing a bag of Noro out of the yarn closet.
6) I’ve been pretending to be a biologist lately at work. I’ve spent several days out in eastern Washington doing bird mortality surveys. This involves a lot of walking under wind turbines on rolling hills looking for dead birds. Last Thursday I had my first find….
Yup. It’s a bat. I named him Ozzy.
Such a cute face!
My time pretending to be a biologist is almost over. Next week I’m going clamming for work.
I have a sneaking suspicion this summer is going to turn into a repeat of this spring….quiet at first, then flying past faster than I could imagine.
That’s it for now….